Friday, January 11, 2008

A Couple of Long Range Storm Chances

We have a couple of long range storms to hype about. The first is around the 18th. I think a low will be there. The question is will it cut up into the lakes or head up the east coast. I think it will probably go up the coast. Why? Because of the ENORMOUS amount of cold air coming in...by far the coldest of the season. I think that will force the storm eastward. Also the NAO will be negative which favors storm along the coast. That means the east coast could see some heavier snow. However, if the cold air is a little weaker and there is some sort of high pressure sitting over the southeast, the storm may take a detour through the great lakes. The second storm is around the 20th. I will say now this storm could be significant. We'll have to wait and see a bit for the details, but the models have hinted at a possibly huge nor' easter around the 20th. I will detail that better towards next weekend.

No comments: