Saturday, January 12, 2008

Saturday evening thoughts and snow map

My latest snow map. I shifted the 12"+ area a little farther southwest, but still is confined to mountainous areas. I cleaned up the 3-6" area a bit, trimming it back in PA and WV. I think the max out of this storm is 15" somewhere in northern New Jersey. I also showed some of the heavier snow in the lakes better. Downwind of some of the lakes up to a foot is possible! Big cities: Boston will get 5-8", with some sleet mixed in. NYC will see 3-5" with sleet and rain especially to start. Scranton will get 3-5" at most. Albany may see 4-7" of snow. Philly will sea 4-6" of snow, with some rain possible to start. DC will get 1-3" with a lot of rain until the very end of the storm. Erie PA could see up to a foot of snow due to a slow moving low and lake Erie. Another quick update after the 0z's run.

No comments: