Sunday, January 27, 2008

East Coast and Friday Updates



First off, northern Ohio got a good 1-1.5" of snow this evening! Now, for Friday, the 0z GFS prints out about .7" of QPF for a lot of Ohio, but shows that except for extreme northwest Ohio mainly rain. Again, we'll see on that one. I posted a very close-up map of Cape Cod for tomorrow/Monday's snow storm. I think the highest amounts will be 9 or 10". One concern, if the storm tracks any further northwest than forecasted now Cape Cod and especially the islands see more rain and less snow, and areas a little further inland could share in the 6"+ snow. I posted a usually accurate RUC's snowfall total ending Monday morning, and it is actually farther inland with the snow, farther NW with the low, and shows more rain for Cape Cod and the islands. Right now I think this model is about 20-40 miles too far NW with the storm but it is still within the realm of possibilities it actually happens. One thing I do like is the snow totals of 6" to locally 8"+, because I think where ever the heaviest snow falls that is what it will amount to. I will have a more complete update by noon Sunday!

No comments: