Saturday, January 12, 2008

Newest Snow Map

Here is my latest snow map. I still think the heaviest snow will be in the mountains in New Jersey towards Massachusetts due to the mountains helping to ring out moisture from the storm. I think as the storm bombs out off the New Jersey shore those mountains could see 2" of snow an hour easily for a few hours. Boston, I did put you in the 6-12" range. It looks like you will see mainly snow with a little of sleet mixed in. New York City, I am still not convinced. I am thinking 3-5" because there will be some rain/sleet mixed in especially to start, and I still think the models may still bring the storm slightly more westward. Philly, you will see mainly snow as you are well inland. Expect 4-7" as the storm will be at its worst after it passes you. Baltimore and Washington DC temps will be near 40 at least to start the storm so only 1-3" for you guys. Another Note: The Great Lakes will be affected by another low pressure that could dump widespread 3-6" amounts over a couple of days, maybe 4-8" in the Snow Belts downwind of the lakes. Another update after all the 18z's run. Questions? jim0992@sbcglobal.net

No comments: