Sunday, March 30, 2008

Here is my Monday Map After Taking a Better Look at Things


I made a few changes to the map from this morning. Here they are and why I made them:
1. The most important thing I did was highlight the Chicago area. I am skeptical about things really getting going because of marginal instability, but if the warm front which will be near the Chicago area gets active, there could several tornadoes in the outlined area. Again, I am skeptical, and will give it about a 30% chance of happening, but, if maybe the sun comes out and it gets a little more unstable that area could get going late tomorrow.
2. I shrunk the moderate risk. I realized that when the main batch of storms gets as far east as like central IL they will be starting to weaken due to the loss of daytime heating, so I cut some off the eastern edge of the moderate risk.
3. I pulled the southern edge of everything farther south because there will be a dry line extending down to close to the gulf coast.
We'll see how things start developing tomorrow afternoon but as it looks now near and in that moderate risk area there could be several strong super cell thunderstorms that could produce tornadoes, and there could be a squall line that sweeps west to east with the cold front tomorrow afternoon/evening with a widespread high wind threat. Also, watch the Chicago area as there is an outside chance of a secondary outbreak there.

No comments: