Saturday, March 22, 2008

Will the East get Snow This Weekend?


After up to 10" of snow across Ohio last night, will we dry out and stay snow less for a few days here? No. But will we see any major plow able snow? No. Will anyone in the east see anything heavy? No, nothing widespread. But as I mentioned there will be some snow showers. We will have a weak cold front/shortwave drift down into the Great Lakes/Northeast. It will be enough to spark off scattered snow showers, or maybe some rain showers south of the Great Lakes/New England. I do not see anything really accumulating with this weak system. After this shortwave passes, there will be some colder air over the Great Lakes and I could see some areas seeing 1-4" of Lake Effect off of any of the Great Lakes, but this won't be a major event. In my next post I will post my final analysis on the storm, or lack of one on Monday.

No comments: