Friday, March 28, 2008

Snow Changover Very Slow...

The change to snow has made its way into Mansfield according to an official NWS observation. I will back off my earlier predictions and declare this one a bust...NW Ohio will still see 3-5" but here in north central and northeast Ohio only an inch or so will be the max...this has been really deflating...we go from the models showing us in the warm sector and temps near 50 tomorrow, to the models showing several inches of snow tonight, to the models going back closer to their original solutions which showed us getting very little snow...If I had to grade myself (for following the models and biting on the colder solution) I would give myself an F and I would the the models an F-. Now that we really look to be turning the corner into spring (finally) the main shift of this blog will start shifting towards severe weather, with many more (daily if I can find time) thunderstorm threat maps for the country. I will also be paying more potential to flooding potentials (this spring has already been bad for flooding). And come June obviously the tropics will be covered extensively on this blog. And just in case Mother Nature throws one more wintry curveball at us I will be ready to cover snow if needed.

No comments: